If you are not studying at the Ruhr-Universität Bochum but at another German or foreign university and are interested in an intensively supervised research internship of several weeks in an interdisciplinary team of scientists, please have a look at what we do and what we have to offer.
Our research topics include:
REQUIREMENTS FOR AN APPLICATION
If you are interested in these topics and would like to experience first-hand how they are dealt with in research, then simply check whether you meet the requirements for an application:
Students who are studying subjects that focus on our own research topics at universities in Germany, other European universities, or universities outside of Europe are eligible for a research internship with us.
For example, you might consider:
or interdisciplinary courses such as:
If you can fit into this spectrum and are motivated to get to know the above-mentioned topics from the inside perspective of university work and research, then you can apply for the position of a research intern.
The duration of the internship is usually 6-8 weeks. All costs incurred are to be borne by the applicant. Applications, e.g. to the DAAD, for (partial) funding of a research internship will be supported by the chair holder in case of professional suitability. Assistance in finding accommodation or other practical matters will be provided.
The intensively supervised research internship is intended to promote the intern's scientific expertise in the research fields of the chair. For this purpose, the intern will be closely involved in diverse fields of work (which may vary according to current interests and projects).
The following areas and activities are exemplary for a research internship with us:
1. Insight into research projects with the possibility of participation, such as
2. Insight into the CERES (Center of Religious Studies, Research Department of the RUB) and participation in selected activities of the center
3. Assistance in the preparation of the Hans-Kilian-Lectures (support of the guests; production of information material, etc.); program see website of the chair
4. Participation in colloquia, such as.
5. Assisting in the editing of essay and book manuscripts (preparation for publication, archival and literature research, proofreading, formatting).
6. Conference assistance in the preparation, organization and implementation of workshops and conferences
In all these activities you will also have the opportunity to meet and interact with the Section staff and their special working interests, as well as with other faculty members and our invited guests from other universities.
Applications with the usual documents (curriculum vitae, certificates, scientific interests) can be sent to the chair holder (Prof. Dr. Jürgen Straub) at any time. Please keep in mind that internships must be completed during the lecture period.