The professorship "Didactics of Social Sciences Education" is dedicated to the education of future teachers with the subject social science/politics for high schools and comprehensive schools at the Ruhr-Universität Bochum.
The objectives of the university research and teaching of the junior professorship "Didactics of Social Sciences Education" encompass five main focal points:
- The guarantee of comprehensive training in the didactics of social sciences for students in teaching programs in all three sub-disciplines: political science, sociology and economics, with a special focus on critical race, inclusive and diversity-conscious political education, and the didactics of social studies.
- The teaching of practical applications, which are necessary for good school teaching in the subject of social science.
- The promotion of cooperation between didactics and the different scientific disciplines of the Faculty of Social Science at the Ruhr-University Bochum.
- The cooperation with schools in the Ruhr area within the framework of the Alfried-Krupp Schülerlabor of the Ruhr-University Bochum as well as the cooperation with the Professional School of Education of the Ruhr-University Bochum.
- The conception of advanced training courses for students in teaching programs, trainee teachers as well as teachers and seminar instructors of the subject of social science, who would like to further educate themselves on the current state of research in social science education.